We want lawmakers to hear directly from you about why Georgia needs to allow expungement of convictions.
Below are some suggestions about what to share:
- How has your criminal record impacted your life, even after your sentence was over?
- How has the criminal record of a family member impacted you or them?
- Has it been a barrier to finding a job, housing, education or other opportunities?
- How long ago did the arrest and/or conviction occur?
- Have you or your family member tried to apply for expungement in the past?
- Were you/they able to expunge the record under the current law?
- If the record was expunged, how did that remove barriers and open opportunities?
If you prefer to share your story in video form instead of writing, please email us at email@example.com and we can try to arrange to videotape your story.