With legislative session starting in January, we need to raise public awareness about the need to expand expungement by getting letters to the editor published in large and small papers across the state. Make your voice heard by writing a letter to the editor!
Here are the steps you need to get started:
- Click here for four sample letters to the editor you can use or reference.
- If you can, adapt the letters with your own words, and keep them under 200-250 words. Include the sources at the end of each sample letter.
- Send your letter to one or more of the newspapers listed below.
- Expect an e-mail or call from the newspaper to confirm you identity before they will publish your letter.
- Send us a copy of your letter and which paper you sent it to.
Click here for additional newspapers and locations.